Discover a heavenly Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie recipe – a symphony of citrus bliss. Indulge in sweet perfection with our easy-to-follow guide!
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 280 calories
Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie
Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie is a timeless dessert that effortlessly combines the zesty allure of lemon with the lusciousness of a velvety meringue topping. With a preparation time of just 15 minutes and a brief 10-minute bake, this pie is a convenient yet impressive addition to any occasion.
To begin, the lemony foundation is crafted by dissolving a package of lemon Jello in boiling water and then blending it seamlessly with a lemon instant pudding mix and milk. This citrus-infused filling is poured into a graham cracker pie crust, providing a delightful contrast of textures.
Once the pie sets in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, it's adorned with a layer of whipped topping, adding a light and airy component to the ensemble. The pièce de résistance is the meringue topping, whipped to perfection from egg whites and sugar, then delicately browned in the oven for a tantalizing finish.
Serving eight, this pie is not only a visual delight but also a flavorful triumph, capturing the essence of American dessert traditions. Each slice offers a harmonious blend of sweet and tart, making it an ideal treat for those who appreciate the classic charm of a well-executed lemon meringue pie.
With approximately 280 calories per serving, it strikes a balance between indulgence and satisfaction, making it a favorite for gatherings or a simple sweet-tooth fix.
Just enjoy the simplicity and elegance of this Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie, a dessert that stands the test of time.
Unlock the zestful magic of Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie! Dive into a world of citrusy perfection with our foolproof recipe. Sweet, tangy, and simply irresistible!
- 1 package of lemon Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dissolve the lemon Jello in boiling water, then add cold water. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon instant pudding mix and milk until smooth.
- Combine the Jello mixture with the pudding mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Pour the combined mixture into the graham cracker pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Once the pie is set, spread a layer of whipped topping over the lemon filling.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the whipped topping, making sure to seal the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving.
This is a video about Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie, Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe, Recipe
Serving Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie is a delightful experience, and here's a simple guide to do it with finesse:
- Chilled Perfection: Ensure the pie has been adequately chilled in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until it's fully set. The cool temperature enhances the flavors and makes for a refreshing dessert.
- Sharp Knife: Use a sharp knife to cut clean and precise slices. Run the knife under warm water before each cut to make it glide smoothly through the layers, preventing a sticky mess.
- Wipe Between Slices: After each cut, wipe the knife with a clean, damp cloth to maintain neat slices. This step helps to preserve the visual appeal when serving.
- Garnish Options: While the pie is delicious on its own, you can elevate the presentation by adding a few optional garnishes. Consider a sprinkle of grated lemon zest on top for an extra burst of citrus aroma or a dollop of whipped cream for added richness.
- Serve on Chilled Plates: To keep the pie slices cool and maintain their structure, serve them on chilled dessert plates. This prevents the whipped topping from melting too quickly.
- Pairing Suggestions: For a complete dessert experience, consider serving each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of raspberry sauce. These complementary flavors can enhance the overall enjoyment of the pie.
- Enjoy Promptly: Lemon meringue pie is at its best when served fresh. Encourage your guests to savor it promptly to relish the contrasting textures of the creamy lemon filling, fluffy meringue, and crisp crust.
- Chill Ingredients: Make sure your milk and whipped topping are well-chilled before using. This contributes to the pie's overall texture and helps the filling set more effectively.
- Room Temperature Meringue: When making the meringue, it's crucial for the egg whites to be at room temperature. This helps them reach stiff peaks more easily and creates a fluffier topping.
- Stiff Peaks: Take your time when beating the egg whites to ensure stiff peaks. Soft peaks won't provide the stability needed for the meringue to hold up during baking.
- Seal the Edges: When spreading the meringue over the pie, make sure to seal the edges completely. This prevents the meringue from shrinking away from the crust during baking.
- Preheat the Oven: Ensure your oven is fully preheated before placing the pie inside. A hot oven helps the meringue cook evenly and achieve that golden-brown finish.
- Cool Gradually: After baking, allow the pie to cool gradually. Avoid placing it in a drafty area, as rapid temperature changes can cause the meringue to crack.
- Personalize Garnishes: Get creative with garnishes. A sprinkle of lemon zest, a dusting of powdered sugar, or a few fresh berries can add both visual appeal and extra flavor.
- Experiment with Crusts: While the recipe calls for a graham cracker crust, feel free to experiment with other crust options like a traditional pastry crust or a nut crust for added variety.
- Serve Fresh: Lemon meringue pie is best enjoyed fresh, so plan to serve it on the same day or within 24 hours for optimal flavor and texture.
- Storage: If you have leftovers, store the pie covered in the refrigerator. However, note that the meringue might lose its crispiness over time.
If you find yourself missing a few ingredients for the Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie, here are some potential substitutes:
- Graham Cracker Crust: Substitute with a traditional pastry crust or a shortbread crust for a different texture.
- Lemon Jello: If lemon Jello is unavailable, you can use lemon-flavored gelatin or lemon pudding mix. Adjust the quantity to match the package instructions.
- Lemon Instant Pudding Mix: Replace with vanilla instant pudding mix and add extra fresh lemon juice for a burst of citrus flavor.
- Whipped Topping (Cool Whip): Make your whipped cream by whipping heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Sweeten it with powdered sugar to taste.
- Egg Whites: If you're out of fresh eggs, you can use pasteurized egg whites from a carton. Ensure they reach stiff peaks during whipping.
- Graham Cracker Crust: Experiment with a chocolate cookie crust or a coconut crust for a unique twist.
- Milk: Swap with a non-dairy alternative like almond milk or coconut milk if you have dietary preferences or restrictions.
Savor every citrus-infused bite of your homemade Kraft Jello Lemon Meringue Pie. A culinary triumph that'll have you reaching for seconds! Enjoy the sweet journey of crafting this timeless dessert.