Discover the magic of Mission BBQ's Peggy's Peach Cobbler with our step-by-step recipe. Dive into a Southern-inspired dessert experience! 🍑🔥 #MissionBBQ #PeachCobblerRecipe
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Dessert
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 300 calories
Mission BBQ Peggy's Peach Cobbler
Mission BBQ's Peggy's Peach Cobbler is a true Southern-inspired delight that encapsulates the essence of comfort and tradition. The dish begins with a half cup of unsalted butter, creating a luscious base that forms the backbone of its rich flavor profile. As the butter melts in a preheated oven, a symphony of aromas starts to envelop the kitchen, setting the stage for a culinary masterpiece.
In a separate bowl, a blend of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt comes together, creating the foundation for the cobbler's delightful texture. The addition of whole milk, sugar, and pure vanilla extract infuses sweetness and depth into the batter, promising a harmonious marriage of flavors.
The magic unfolds as the batter is poured into the hot pan, mingling with the molten butter to form a golden canvas. Sliced peaches, their natural juices intact, are artfully arranged over the batter, ensuring each bite is a burst of fruity goodness. The dish then bakes to perfection, with the batter rising around the succulent peaches, creating a tantalizing aroma that wafts through the kitchen.
The result is a peach cobbler with a golden-brown crust that cradles the warm, gooey goodness beneath. This dessert, served with a scoop of ice cream, is a nod to traditional Southern hospitality, embodying the heart and soul of Mission BBQ's culinary offerings. Peggy's Peach Cobbler is not just a dessert; it's a journey into the comforting embrace of classic Southern flavors, inviting everyone to savor a taste of tradition.
Dive into a symphony of Southern flavors with our personalized Peach Cobbler recipe! Indulge in warm, gooey bliss that defines comfort on every spoonful. 🍑✨ #SouthernDesserts #HomemadeCobbler
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and sliced peaches, with their delicious juices
- A pinch of cinnamon for warmth (optional)
- A hint of nutmeg for depth (optional)
- A tablespoon of bourbon for a flavorful kick (optional)
- Ice Cream for serving
- Preheat your oven to a cozy 350°F.
- Place the butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet or a 9 x 13-inch ovenproof dish, then let it dance in the oven until fully melted.
- While the butter does its thing, mix up the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg if you're feeling adventurous.
- Stir in the milk, sugar, and vanilla until it's a harmonious blend of goodness.
- Carefully take the hot dish with the now liquid gold (melted butter) from the oven.
- Pour your batter into the sizzling pan, letting it mingle with the buttery goodness.
- Spoon those glorious peaches and their juices evenly over the batter, creating a symphony of flavors.
- Optionally, add a tablespoon of bourbon for a delightful twist.
- Pop the pan back into the oven and let it bake until it's kissed by a golden brown hue and the batter has embraced the peaches in a warm hug, typically around 30 minutes.
- Gently escort it to a cooling rack, allowing it to cool slightly but not lose its comforting warmth.
- Serve each spoonful with a generous scoop of your favorite ice cream.
This is a video about Mission BBQ Peggy's Peach Cobbler.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Mission BBQ Peggy's Peach Cobbler, Mission BBQ Peggy's Peach Cobbler Recipe, Recipe
Serving Mission BBQ's Peggy's Peach Cobbler is a delightful experience that enhances the enjoyment of this Southern-inspired dessert. Here's a simple guide to elevate your serving presentation:
- Warmth is Key: Serve the cobbler while it's still warm. The contrast between the warm, gooey filling and the cool ice cream is a key element of the experience.
- Scoop and Place: Use a sturdy spoon or spatula to scoop out generous portions of the cobbler. Ensure you capture both the crust and the flavorful peach filling.
- A La Mode Magic: Place a generous scoop of your favorite ice cream alongside the cobbler. Classic choices like vanilla or cinnamon ice cream complement the flavors beautifully.
- Dress It Up (Optional): If you want to add a finishing touch, consider a dusting of powdered sugar or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the ice cream. This not only adds a visual appeal but also enhances the overall flavor.
- Individual Servings: For an elegant touch, consider serving the cobbler in individual ramekins or bowls. This not only adds a touch of sophistication but ensures everyone gets a perfect portion.
- Serve with a Smile: Present the dessert with a smile, highlighting the comforting aroma and inviting presentation. The warmth and love you put into serving will make the experience even more enjoyable.
- Quality Ingredients: Use fresh, ripe peaches for the best flavor. Quality ingredients make a significant difference in the outcome.
- Butter Temperature: Make sure the butter is completely melted in the pan before adding the batter. This helps create a rich and flavorful base.
- Preheat the Pan: Preheating the pan with the melting butter enhances the cobbler's texture and promotes a beautiful golden crust.
- Flour Mixture Consistency: When combining flour, baking powder, and salt, ensure there are no lumps. A smooth batter contributes to a uniform texture.
- Customize with Spices: Experiment with cinnamon, nutmeg, or other spices to add depth and warmth to the flavor profile. Adjust the quantities based on your taste preferences.
- Bourbon Infusion: If you opt for bourbon, choose a high-quality one. The bourbon can add a subtle richness, so adjust the amount according to your preference.
- Even Peach Distribution: When spooning peaches and their juices over the batter, aim for an even distribution. This ensures each bite has a perfect balance of sweetness.
- Serve Warm: Peach cobbler is best enjoyed warm. Serve it shortly after taking it out of the oven for that comforting, just-baked experience.
- Ice Cream Pairing: The classic pairing of cobbler with ice cream adds a cool contrast. Choose a complementary flavor, such as vanilla, to enhance the overall enjoyment.
- Personal Touch: Feel free to add a personal touch. Whether it's a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of honey, small additions can elevate the presentation.
Here are some potential ingredient substitutes for the Peggy's Peach Cobbler recipe, allowing you to tailor the dish based on your preferences or dietary needs:
- Butter: Substitute with margarine or a plant-based butter for a dairy-free option. Coconut oil can be used for a unique flavor twist.
- All-Purpose Flour: Whole wheat flour or a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend can be used for a healthier or gluten-free alternative.
- Whole Milk: Almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk can be suitable dairy-free alternatives.
- Sugar: Brown sugar or coconut sugar for a slightly different sweetness profile. Sugar substitutes like stevia or erythritol for a lower-calorie option.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Vanilla bean paste or almond extract for a different flavor dimension.
- Peaches: Canned peaches (make sure they're in juice, not syrup) if fresh ones aren't available. Nectarines or apricots for a variation in stone fruit flavor.
- Ice Cream: Non-dairy ice cream for a vegan or lactose-free alternative. Greek yogurt or whipped coconut cream as a lighter topping.
Savor the warmth of Southern hospitality in every bite. Whether shared or savored solo, Peggy's Peach Cobbler brings comfort like a sweet, nostalgic embrace. Happy baking! 🍑✨ #HomemadeDesserts #MissionBBQInspired