Discover the ultimate Li Hing Gummy Bears recipe – a fusion of tropical sweetness! Dive into our step-by-step guide for a flavorful delight. 🌺🐻 #GummyBears #LiHingRecipe
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: Fusion, Tropical
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 100
- Calories: 10 calories
Li Hing Gummy Bears
Li hing gummy bears are a delightful fusion of Hawaiian and gummy candy flavors, offering a unique and exotic twist to the classic treat. This tropical-inspired recipe combines the chewy goodness of gummy bears with the sweet and salty essence of li hing mui, a dried and preserved plum often enjoyed as a snack in Hawaiian cuisine.
To create these flavorful gummy bears, a simple mixture of fruit juice, sugar, and unflavored gelatin forms the base. The magic happens when you introduce li hing mui powder into the mix, infusing the candy with a distinctive taste that is simultaneously sweet, tangy, and slightly salty. The result is a burst of flavors that dance on your taste buds, reminiscent of the tropical paradise of Hawaii.
The preparation is straightforward, involving heating the ingredients, pouring the mixture into bear-shaped molds, and allowing them to set in the refrigerator. The end product is a batch of vibrantly colored and irresistibly chewy li hing gummy bears that are not only visually appealing but also offer a unique flavor profile unlike traditional gummies.
Whether you're a fan of Hawaiian cuisine, looking to try something new, or simply craving a sweet and tangy treat, li hing gummy bears are a delightful homemade snack that brings a touch of the islands to your taste experience. Enjoy them on their own or share this tropical twist with friends and family for a fun and flavorful candy adventure.
Dive into a tropical flavor adventure with our irresistible Li Hing Gummy Bears recipe! Unleash the exotic blend of sweet, salty, and chewy bliss. 🌺🐻 #GummyBears #LiHingMuiDelight
- 1 cup fruit juice (pineapple, mango, or a tropical blend)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-2 teaspoons li hing mui powder
- Gummy bear molds
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of fruit juice and 4 tablespoons of sugar over low heat.
- Stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of li hing mui powder. Adjust based on your taste preference. It adds a sweet-salty kick.
- Continue to heat the mixture over low heat, stirring consistently, until the gelatin completely dissolves.
- Carefully pour the liquid into gummy bear molds. You can use a dropper for precision.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, allowing the gummy bears to set.
- Once the gummy bears are fully set, gently pop them out of the molds.
Your homemade li hing gummy bears are ready to be enjoyed! Experiment with different fruit juices or li hing mui amounts for a personalized touch.
This is a video about Li Hing Gummy Bears.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 87 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Li Hing Gummy Bears, Li Hing Gummy Bears Recipe, Recipe
Serving li hing gummy bears is a delightful experience, and there are a few creative ways to present and enjoy these tropical treats:
- Snack Bowl: Place a vibrant assortment of li hing gummy bears in a decorative bowl. This makes for an inviting and shareable snack for gatherings or movie nights.
- Tropical Dessert Platter: Pair li hing gummy bears with other tropical treats like fresh pineapple chunks, coconut slices, or even small mochi bites for a visually appealing and flavorful dessert platter.
- Cocktail Garnish: Elevate your tropical drinks by using li hing gummy bears as a playful garnish. They can add a burst of flavor and a whimsical touch to beverages like fruity mocktails or cocktails.
- Ice Cream Topping: Sprinkle li hing gummy bears over a scoop of vanilla or tropical-flavored ice cream for a sweet and chewy topping that adds texture and a burst of fruity flavor.
- Gifts and Party Favors: Package li hing gummy bears in decorative bags or jars to create charming party favors or thoughtful gifts. They make for unique and tasty presents for friends or as a Hawaiian-inspired party treat.
- Yogurt Parfait: Create a tropical yogurt parfait by layering yogurt with fresh fruits and li hing gummy bears. It's a delicious and visually appealing breakfast or snack option.
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality fruit juice for a more vibrant and authentic flavor. Freshly squeezed juice can elevate the overall taste.
- Li Hing Mui Adjustment: Start with a smaller amount of li hing mui powder and adjust according to your taste preference. It has a unique flavor, and personal preferences vary.
- Mold Preparation: Lightly coat the gummy bear molds with a non-stick spray or a small amount of oil to make it easier to release the gummy bears once they're set.
- Precision Pouring: Use a dropper or a small measuring cup to pour the mixture into the molds. This helps control the amount and minimizes mess.
- Chilling Time: Allow the gummy bears ample time to set in the refrigerator. Overnight chilling can yield the best results, ensuring a firm and chewy texture.
- Experiment with Fruit Juices: Feel free to experiment with different fruit juices to customize the flavor. Pineapple, mango, or a tropical blend work well, but you can get creative based on your preferences.
- Presentation: When serving, consider adding a sprinkle of extra li hing mui powder on top for a visual appeal and an extra burst of flavor.
- Storage: Store your li hing gummy bears in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should last for about a week, though they are often best when enjoyed fresh.
If at all you're looking to make li hing gummy bears but need ingredient substitutes, here are some options:
- Fruit Juice: Substitute the fruit juice with any other fruit juice of your choice. Pineapple, mango, or a tropical blend are classic choices, but you can experiment with flavors like orange or passion fruit.
- Sugar: If you prefer a healthier option, you can replace sugar with honey or maple syrup. Adjust the quantity to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
- Unflavored Gelatin: Agar-agar is a vegetarian alternative to gelatin. Follow the package instructions for substitution ratios, as agar-agar may require different amounts than gelatin.
- Li Hing Mui Powder: If you can't find li hing mui powder, try using tamarind powder as an alternative. While the flavor won't be identical, it will provide a tangy and unique taste.
- Mold Release Agent: Instead of a non-stick spray or oil for the molds, you can use silicone molds or silicone ice cube trays, which often require less greasing.
Indulge in the tropical symphony of flavors! Your homemade Li Hing Gummy Bears await—a chewy escape to paradise. Share the joy and savor the sweetness. Aloha! 🌺🐻 #GummyBearMagic #LiHingDelight