Explore the delectable world of Zonya Foco salmon patty recipe – a quick, flavorful delight. Discover the perfect blend of taste in every bite!
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Category: Main Dish, Appetizer
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 200 calories
Zonya Foco Salmon Patty
Zonya Foco's salmon patty is a delightful dish that combines the rich flavors of pink salmon with a medley of complementary ingredients. The recipe typically calls for canned pink salmon, a convenient and accessible ingredient that packs a punch of omega-3 fatty acids. The incorporation of breadcrumbs, red onion, celery, and a blend of seasonings adds depth and texture to the patties.
The amalgamation of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and fresh lemon juice not only binds the ingredients together but also imparts a zesty and tangy kick to the patties. The use of dried dill elevates the dish with its aromatic and herbaceous notes. The beaten egg acts as a cohesive element, ensuring that the patties hold their shape during cooking.
Cooked to a golden brown perfection in olive oil, these salmon patties boast a crispy exterior while maintaining a moist and flavorful interior. The versatility of this recipe allows for various serving options—whether paired with a savory sauce, atop a salad, or sandwiched between a bun with preferred toppings.
With a preparation time of just 15 minutes and a cook time of 8 minutes, Zonya Foco's salmon patty recipe is a quick and convenient solution for a wholesome and satisfying meal. Each patty, delivering around 200 calories, is not only delicious but also a nutritious choice for seafood enthusiasts seeking a balanced and flavorful dining experience.
Dive into a culinary adventure with Zonya Foco's tantalizing salmon patty recipe! Discover a symphony of flavors in just 23 minutes. Let's cook!
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) pink salmon, drained
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive oil for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, flake the drained salmon using a fork.
- Add breadcrumbs, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, dried dill, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the beaten egg to the mixture and combine until it holds together.
- Form the mixture into patties, depending on your desired size.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the salmon patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once done, transfer the patties to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the salmon patties with your favorite sauce or on a bun with your preferred toppings.
This is a video about Zonya Foco Salmon Patty.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Zonya Foco Salmon Patty, Zonya Foco Salmon Patty Recipe, Recipe
You can serve Zonya Foco salmon patties in various delicious ways, depending on your preference. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Classic Burger Style: Place the salmon patty in a bun, add your favorite condiments like mayo or tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, and pickles. It's a simple and tasty way to enjoy it as a salmon burger.
- Salad Topping: Crumble the salmon patty over a bed of fresh greens or your favorite salad mix. Drizzle with a light vinaigrette for a healthy and satisfying salad.
- With Side Dishes: Serve the salmon patty alongside your favorite side dishes such as roasted vegetables, quinoa, or a side salad. This provides a well-rounded and nutritious meal.
- Sauce Drizzle: Elevate the flavors by drizzling a complementary sauce over the salmon patty. A dill-infused yogurt sauce or a lemon aioli can add a burst of flavor.
- As Appetizers: Make smaller-sized patties and serve them as appetizers at gatherings. Pair them with a dipping sauce for a crowd-pleasing snack.
- Select Quality Salmon: Choose good-quality canned pink salmon to ensure a rich and flavorful taste. Check for bones and skin in the canned salmon and remove them before mixing.
- Consistent Patties: Ensure uniformity in patty size to promote even cooking. This helps achieve a consistent texture and prevents uneven doneness.
- Don't Overmix: Mix the ingredients until just combined. Overmixing can result in dense patties. The goal is to maintain a light and flaky texture.
- Adjust Seasonings: Taste the mixture before forming the patties to adjust seasonings according to your liking. It's easier to adjust at this stage than after the patties are cooked.
- Chill Before Cooking: Consider refrigerating the formed patties for 15-30 minutes before cooking. This helps them hold their shape better during the cooking process.
- Use a Non-Stick Pan: When cooking the patties, use a non-stick pan with a bit of olive oil. This helps prevent sticking and ensures a crispy exterior.
- Check Doneness: Cook the patties until they are golden brown on each side and cooked through. Use a fork to check the center for flakiness.
- Serve with Fresh Ingredients: Enhance the dish by using fresh toppings and condiments. Fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and a squeeze of lemon can elevate the overall experience.
- Experiment with Sauces: Explore different sauces to accompany the patties. Lemon dill sauce, tzatziki, or a simple aioli can add extra layers of flavor.
- Customize to Taste: Feel free to customize the recipe to suit your preferences. Add herbs or spices that you enjoy to make the dish uniquely yours.
If you need to substitute certain ingredients in the Zonya Foco salmon patty recipe, here are some alternatives:
- Salmon: Substitute canned pink salmon with canned red or sockeye salmon. Fresh cooked and flaked salmon can be used instead of canned.
- Breadcrumbs: Replace regular breadcrumbs with panko crumbs for a slightly different texture. Use crushed crackers or cornmeal for a gluten-free option.
- Red Onion: Swap red onion with white or yellow onion if red onion is unavailable. Chopped green onions can also provide a milder flavor.
- Celery: If you don't have celery, try using finely chopped bell peppers for a similar crunch. Fennel can add a unique flavor and texture as a substitute.
- Mayonnaise: Greek yogurt or sour cream can be used as a lighter alternative to mayonnaise. Avocado or hummus can provide a creamy texture with different flavors.
- Dijon Mustard: Regular mustard or whole grain mustard can be substituted for Dijon mustard. A pinch of dry mustard powder can also add a similar kick.
- Lemon Juice: Replace fresh lemon juice with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar. Use lime juice for a slightly different citrus flavor.
- Dried Dill: Fresh dill is a great substitute; use about three times the amount of fresh compared to dried. Tarragon or parsley can add a different herbal note.
- Egg: In place of eggs, you can use a flaxseed or chia seed egg for binding. Mashed avocado can also act as a binding agent.
- Olive Oil: Butter or vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil for cooking the patties.
Savor the satisfaction of Zonya Foco's salmon patty – a culinary triumph ready in minutes. Elevate your dining experience with this flavorful delight!