Discover the magic of Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake Recipe! Indulge in a blissful blend of flavors with our step-by-step guide. Your celebration, elevated!
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 250 calories
Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake
WheatFields Eatery & Bakery is renowned for its exquisite culinary creations, and their strawberry wedding cake stands out as a masterpiece. This delectable confection is a harmonious blend of traditional and innovative baking techniques, resulting in a dessert that captures the essence of celebration.
The cake's foundation is a perfect balance of all-purpose and whole wheat flour, providing a rich and hearty texture that complements the delicate sweetness of fresh strawberries. The baking process involves careful consideration of time and temperature to ensure a moist and tender crumb. The use of buttermilk adds a subtle tanginess, elevating the overall flavor profile.
What truly sets Wheatfields Bakery's strawberry wedding cake apart is the generous incorporation of diced strawberries. These ruby-red jewels burst with natural sweetness, infusing each bite with a burst of fruity freshness. The choice to use real, fresh strawberries is a testament to the bakery's commitment to quality and flavor.
The final touch lies in the skilled hands of Wheatfields' bakers as they expertly craft and decorate the cake. Whether adorned with a luscious buttercream frosting or a fondant masterpiece, each creation is a work of art tailored to the couple's unique vision for their special day.
Indulging in a slice of Wheatfields Bakery's strawberry wedding cake is not just a culinary experience but a sensory journey. It's a celebration of love and commitment, where every ingredient and technique harmoniously come together to create a memorable centerpiece for weddings and joyous occasions.
Dive into the enchanting world of Wheatfields Bakery's Strawberry Wedding Cake! Elevate your celebration with this divine recipe – a symphony of flavors awaits!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 6-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once your cakes are cooled, you can frost and decorate them as desired for your wedding celebration. Enjoy your special day with this delicious wheatfields strawberry wedding cake!
This is a video about Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake, Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake Recipe, Recipe
Serving Wheatfields Bakery's strawberry wedding cake is a delightful experience that adds to the joy of the celebration. Here's a simple guide to ensure a memorable serving:
- Slice with a Sharp Knife: Use a sharp, non-serrated knife to ensure clean and neat slices. Dip the knife in hot water before each cut for smoother results.
- Portion Control: Aim for uniform slices to ensure everyone gets an equal share of this delicious treat. A 6-inch cake typically yields 8-10 servings, but adjust based on your guest count.
- Serve at Room Temperature: Take the cake out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature. This enhances the flavors and ensures a softer texture.
- Garnish for Elegance: Consider garnishing each plate with a fresh strawberry or a mint leaf for a touch of elegance. It not only adds visual appeal but also complements the strawberry theme.
- Pair with Complementary Flavors: Serve the cake with a side of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to enhance the overall dessert experience. The creamy elements complement the fruity notes of the strawberry.
- Use Elegant Serveware: Present the slices on elegant plates or cake stands. This adds a sophisticated touch to the serving experience, especially at a wedding or special event.
- Accompany with Beverages: Provide a selection of beverages that pair well with the cake, such as coffee, tea, or even a sparkling beverage. This ensures a well-rounded dessert experience.
- Consider Dietary Preferences: Be mindful of any dietary restrictions or preferences your guests may have. If needed, offer alternatives like gluten-free or vegan options.
- Fresh Strawberries: Opt for ripe, fresh strawberries for the best flavor. Ensure they are diced uniformly to distribute the fruity goodness evenly throughout the cake.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Bring eggs, butter, and buttermilk to room temperature before starting. This helps in achieving a smoother batter and even baking.
- Proper Mixing: Mix the batter until just combined. Overmixing can lead to a dense cake. Use a gentle hand when folding in the diced strawberries to prevent them from breaking down too much.
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality butter and buttermilk for richer flavor. The quality of your ingredients can significantly impact the final taste of the cake.
- Cake Pans: Ensure your 6-inch cake pans are well-greased and floured to prevent sticking. Consider using parchment paper rounds at the bottom for extra insurance.
- Even Baking: Rotate your cake pans halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. This helps in achieving a consistent texture and color.
- Cooling Time: Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting. Trying to frost warm cakes can result in a messy and uneven appearance.
- Frosting Techniques: Whether you choose buttercream or fondant, use an offset spatula for smooth and even frosting. Consider a crumb coat for a polished final appearance.
- Personalize Decorations: Customize the cake decorations to match the wedding theme or the couple's preferences. Personal touches make the cake even more special.
- Storage: If not serving immediately, store the cake in a cool place. Refrigerate if the frosting contains perishable ingredients. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
- Practice Ahead: If this is your first time making a wedding cake, consider doing a trial run ahead of the big day. It helps you get familiar with the recipe and ensures a stress-free baking experience.
While I will always advise you to stick to the original recipe, here are some potential substitutes for the Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake recipe:
- Flour: You can substitute all-purpose flour with cake flour for a lighter texture, or use a gluten-free flour blend if you have dietary restrictions.
- Butter: Replace butter with an equal amount of vegetable oil for a different texture. Keep in mind that this might alter the flavor slightly.
- Sugar: Experiment with alternative sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar. Adjust quantities to taste.
- Eggs: For an egg-free option, try using applesauce, mashed bananas, or yogurt. Use 1/4 cup of the substitute per egg.
- Buttermilk: Make a buttermilk substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Strawberries: If fresh strawberries are unavailable, frozen strawberries (thawed and drained) can be used, though fresh is recommended for the best flavor.
- Vanilla Extract: Almond or coconut extract can be used as a flavorful alternative to vanilla extract.
As you savor the divine Wheatfields Strawberry Wedding Cake, may each bite be a celebration of love and joy. Happy baking, and here's to sweet memories!