Discover the ultimate Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta recipe! Creamy, spicy, and ready in 35 mins. Elevate your dining with this irresistible pasta delight.
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Main Dish
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 550 calories
Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta
Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta is a signature dish known for its bold flavors and creamy texture. This culinary delight typically features linguine or fettuccine generously coated in a spicy cream sauce, creating a harmonious blend of heat and richness.
The dish often incorporates grilled chicken, adding a savory protein element that complements the pasta's creamy base.
The sauce, a key player in this culinary masterpiece, is a fusion of heavy cream, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese, and a hint of spice from red pepper flakes. This combination results in a luscious, velvety coating for the pasta, providing a satisfying and indulgent dining experience.
To elevate the flavor profile, Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta commonly includes sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil, offering a burst of brightness and herbaceous notes. The sun-dried tomatoes contribute a sweet-tart dimension, while basil lends a fresh and aromatic quality to the dish.
The preparation is relatively straightforward, making it accessible for home cooks looking to whip up a restaurant-worthy meal. Grilled chicken slices are incorporated into the sauce, ensuring each bite is a harmonious medley of textures and tastes.
Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta inspiration can be traced back to Italian cuisine. The dish perfectly balances creamy and spicy elements, creating a memorable dining experience that caters to those with a penchant for bold and satisfying flavors. With a prep time of 15 minutes and a cook time of 20 minutes, this recipe serves four and packs approximately 550 calories per serving, making it a delectable choice for a hearty and flavorful meal.
Dive into culinary bliss with our Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta recipe! Unleash a symphony of flavors in 35 minutes—spice up your dining adventure now!
- 8 oz linguine or fettuccine
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add sliced grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in the cooked pasta, ensuring it's well coated in the sauce.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional Parmesan and basil if desired.
This is a video about Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta, Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta Recipe, Recipe
To serve Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta, follow these steps for a delightful dining experience:
- Plating: Start by arranging a portion of the creamy pasta on individual plates or a large serving platter.
- Garnish: Sprinkle extra grated Parmesan cheese over the top for an added burst of flavor. Freshly chopped basil can also be used as a garnish to enhance the dish's visual appeal and freshness.
- Presentation: Consider placing grilled chicken slices strategically on top of the pasta or alongside it. This not only enhances the presentation but ensures that each serving includes a satisfying portion of protein.
- Accompaniments: For a complete meal, serve Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta with a side of crusty bread or a simple garden salad. The bread can be used to soak up any remaining sauce, while the salad provides a refreshing contrast to the creamy pasta.
- Pairing: Complement the dish with a light white wine or a refreshing lemonade. The acidity of the wine or the citrus notes of the lemonade can balance the richness of the pasta.
- Table Setting: Create an inviting table setting with appropriate utensils. Consider providing extra red pepper flakes on the side for those who enjoy an extra kick of spice.
- Grilled Chicken: Marinate the chicken breasts before grilling to add extra flavor. A simple marinade with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and herbs can work wonders.
- Cream Sauce Consistency: Pay attention to the consistency of the cream sauce. If it's too thick, you can adjust by adding a bit more chicken broth. Conversely, if it's too thin, simmer it for a bit longer to thicken.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Opt for oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes for a richer flavor. If using dried ones, rehydrate them in hot water before slicing.
- Fresh Basil: Use fresh basil for the best aroma and flavor. Add it towards the end of the cooking process to retain its freshness.
- Customize Spice Level: Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes based on your spice preference. Start with a smaller quantity and add more gradually if you prefer a milder or spicier dish.
- Pasta Choice: While linguine or fettuccine are classic choices, feel free to experiment with other pasta shapes. Penne or rigatoni can work well with the creamy sauce.
- Prep in Advance: You can grill the chicken and prepare the sun-dried tomatoes in advance to streamline the cooking process.
- Serve Immediately: Rattlesnake Pasta is best enjoyed immediately after preparation to maintain the ideal texture of the pasta and the flavors of the dish.
- Experiment with Cheese: If you enjoy experimenting, try different cheeses like Asiago or Pecorino Romano for a unique twist on the classic Parmesan.
- Double the Recipe: If hosting a larger group, double the recipe as needed. Leftovers can be just as delicious the next day!
If you find yourself missing some ingredients for Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta, here are some substitutes you can consider:
- Heavy Cream: Substitute with half-and-half or whole milk for a lighter version. A non-dairy alternative like coconut milk or cashew cream can be used for a lactose-free option.
- Chicken Broth: Vegetable broth is a suitable substitute, especially if you're aiming for a vegetarian version. If you have neither, dissolve a chicken bouillon cube or use water with a dash of extra seasoning.
- Parmesan Cheese: Pecorino Romano or Asiago cheese can replace Parmesan for a slightly different flavor. Nutritional yeast works well for a vegan alternative.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Use fresh cherry tomatoes or roasted red peppers for a juicy alternative. Rehydrated, thinly sliced dried tomatoes can be substituted if you don't have sun-dried ones.
- Fresh Basil: Substitute with dried basil, but use a smaller quantity as dried herbs are more concentrated. Fresh parsley or cilantro can add a different herby dimension.
- Olive Oil: Butter or ghee can replace olive oil for a richer taste. Avocado oil is a neutral-flavored option.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Cayenne pepper or paprika can add heat. Chopped fresh chili peppers are a flavorful alternative.
- Linguine/Fettuccine: Penne, rigatoni, or any pasta shape you have on hand can be used. Gluten-free pasta for those with dietary restrictions.
Savor the magic of Aubrey's Rattlesnake Pasta – a culinary masterpiece that tantalizes taste buds. Elevate your home-cooking game and delight in every bite!