Discover perfection with our Hunt's Meatloaf Starter recipe! A symphony of flavors featuring seasoned tomatoes for a mouthwatering dining experience.
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Main Dish
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 350 calories
Hunts Meatloaf Starter
Hunt's Meatloaf Starter is a game-changer for anyone seeking a hassle-free yet delectable dinner solution. This seasoned sauce, crafted from vine-ripened Hunt's tomatoes, elevates the classic meatloaf to new heights. The savory blend of diced tomatoes in sauce adds a burst of flavor and moisture to the meat, ensuring a juicy and tender result.
The beauty of this starter lies in its simplicity. With just a handful of ingredients, including ground meat, breadcrumbs, and a can of Hunt's seasoned diced tomatoes in sauce, you can create a savory masterpiece in no time. The tomatoes, slow-baked to perfection, infuse the meatloaf with a rich and robust taste, making it a standout on the dinner table.
The preparation process is a breeze, requiring only about 15 minutes of hands-on time. Once the meatloaf is assembled, it's a matter of patiently waiting for it to bake to golden perfection in the oven. The end result is a hearty dish that embodies the comforting essence of home-cooked meals.
Whether you're a seasoned home cook or a kitchen novice, Hunt's Meatloaf Starter simplifies the cooking experience without compromising on flavor. The seasoned diced tomatoes in sauce not only contribute to the deliciousness of the dish but also reflect Hunt's commitment to quality and taste.
This recipe has is appreciated for its convenience, savory profile, and the delightful touch brought by Hunt's tomatoes. Make dinner a delightful experience with Hunt's Meatloaf Starter – an easy, flavorful solution for a memorable family meal.
Embark on a flavor-packed journey with our Hunt's Meatloaf Starter! Elevate dinner with this savory delight crafted from vine-ripened tomatoes. Let's dive into a world of culinary bliss!
- 1.5 lbs ground meat (beef, pork, or a mix)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's seasoned diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the entire can of Hunt's seasoned diced tomatoes in sauce to the meat mixture. This will not only add flavor but also keep the meatloaf moist.
- Season the mixture with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Mix everything thoroughly until well combined. Don't overmix to keep the meatloaf tender.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
This is a video about Hunts Meatloaf Starter.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Hunts Meatloaf Starter, Hunts Meatloaf Starter Recipe, Recipe
Serving Hunt's Meatloaf Starter is a straightforward yet delightful affair. Once your meatloaf is out of the oven and has had a few minutes to rest, follow these steps to present it with flair:
- Slicing: Use a sharp knife to slice the meatloaf into even portions. A thickness of about 1 inch works well.
- Plating: Arrange the slices on a serving platter or individual plates. Consider slightly overlapping them for an appealing presentation.
- Garnish (Optional): If you want to add a visual touch, consider garnishing the meatloaf with fresh herbs like parsley or thyme. This not only enhances the presentation but also adds a burst of freshness.
- Sides: Meatloaf pairs wonderfully with a variety of sides. Classics like mashed potatoes, green beans, or a crisp salad complement the dish's hearty flavors. The Hunt's Meatloaf is versatile, so feel free to choose sides based on your preferences.
- Sauce (Optional): While the meatloaf is flavorful on its own, you can serve it with a side of additional Hunt's seasoned diced tomatoes in sauce as a dipping or drizzling option. This adds an extra layer of tomato goodness.
- Family Style: Place the platter in the center of the table, allowing everyone to serve themselves. It's a communal way to enjoy a comforting meal together.
- Meat Selection: Choose a mix of ground meats for a richer flavor. A combination of beef and pork works well, but you can customize based on your preferences.
- Tomato Sauce Consistency: Be mindful of the consistency of the Hunt's seasoned diced tomatoes in sauce. It contributes to both flavor and moisture, so don't drain the tomatoes before adding them to the meat mixture.
- Seasoning: While the seasoned tomatoes add flavor, don't forget to season the meat mixture with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Taste the mixture before baking to ensure it's seasoned to your liking.
- Breadcrumbs: The breadcrumbs act as a binder and add texture. Adjust the quantity based on the desired consistency of your meatloaf. If you like it denser, use slightly more breadcrumbs.
- Mixing Technique: Mix the ingredients until just combined. Overmixing can result in a dense meatloaf. A gentle hand ensures a tender texture.
- Shape Uniformly: When shaping the meat mixture into a loaf, aim for a uniform thickness. This promotes even cooking.
- Internal Temperature: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. It should reach 160°F (71°C) for safe consumption.
- Resting Period: Allow the meatloaf to rest for a few minutes before slicing. This helps retain its juices, ensuring a moist and flavorful outcome.
- Customization: Feel free to personalize the recipe. Add diced vegetables like carrots or celery to the meat mixture for added texture and nutrition.
- Cheese Topping (Optional): If you enjoy a cheesy crust, sprinkle shredded cheese on top during the last 10 minutes of baking. It adds a delightful golden finish.
If you're looking to substitute or customize ingredients in the Hunt's Meatloaf Starter recipe, here are some options:
- Ground Meat: You can experiment with different ground meats based on your preference or dietary restrictions. Ground turkey or chicken are leaner alternatives, while a mix of beef and pork provides a classic flavor.
- Breadcrumbs: Swap traditional breadcrumbs for panko or even crushed crackers for a variation in texture. If you're aiming for a gluten-free option, consider using gluten-free breadcrumbs or rolled oats.
- Onion and Bell Pepper: Customize the vegetable mix by using different types of onions, like red onions for a milder flavor, or try different colored bell peppers for a visual twist.
- Eggs: If you're out of eggs or have dietary restrictions, you can use alternatives like flax eggs (made from ground flaxseed and water) or mashed ripe bananas for binding.
- Worcestershire Sauce: In case you don't have Worcestershire sauce, you can substitute it with soy sauce or balsamic vinegar for a similar umami kick.
- Hunt's Seasoned Diced Tomatoes in Sauce: While this is a key ingredient, you can experiment with different canned tomato varieties or even make your own tomato sauce with diced tomatoes and your preferred seasonings.
- Additional Seasonings: Get creative with additional seasonings based on your taste preferences. Garlic powder, smoked paprika, or dried herbs like oregano and thyme can add depth to the flavor profile.
As you savor each bite of this Hunt's Meatloaf, may the rich flavors and simplicity of the recipe bring warmth and joy to your home. Happy cooking!