Unlock culinary joy with our Camarones Zarandeados recipe! Grilled shrimp perfection in every bite. Dive into the flavors of Mexico today!
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Category: Main Dish
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 250 calories
Camarones Zarandeados, a gem in Mexican cuisine, brings the tantalizing flavors of grilled shrimp to life. This dish begins with plump, succulent shrimp, peeled and deveined, bathing in a marinade of olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt, and pepper. The magic happens on the grill, where the shrimp skewers are transformed into smoky perfection, boasting a delectable char that elevates their natural sweetness.
What emerges from the grill is a symphony of textures and tastes – the tender juiciness of the shrimp complemented by the boldness of garlic and the tanginess of lime. The marinade, with its Worcestershire undertones, adds a savory depth, creating a harmonious marriage of flavors.
Garnished with fresh cilantro and the option to add a kick with finely chopped serrano chilies, Camarones Zarandeados invites versatility to suit individual preferences. Served alongside rice, tortillas, or a light salad, it effortlessly transforms into a satisfying main dish that captures the essence of coastal Mexican cuisine.
With a preparation time of around 25 minutes and a quick 6-minute grill session, this dish embodies simplicity without compromising on taste. Each serving, approximately 250 calories, offers a guilt-free indulgence in a culinary experience that celebrates the vibrancy and richness of Mexican flavors. Camarones Zarandeados – where the grill meets the sea, creating a symphony for the taste buds.
Dive into the vibrant world of flavor with our irresistible Camarones Zarandeados recipe! Grilled perfection awaits—discover a taste of Mexican culinary delight!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 serrano chilies, finely chopped (optional for heat)
- Wooden skewers (if grilling)
- Ensure the shrimp are cleaned, peeled, and deveined. Pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Adjust quantities based on your taste preferences.
- Add the cleaned shrimp to the marinade, ensuring they are evenly coated. Allow them to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- If using a grill, preheat it to medium-high heat. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto skewers, spacing them evenly.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn opaque and develop a nice char. If you prefer, you can also use a grill pan.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and transfer the shrimp to a serving platter.
- Drizzle any remaining marinade over the grilled shrimp and garnish with chopped cilantro. Add finely chopped serrano chilies for extra heat if desired.
- Serve the Camarones Zarandeados with your choice of side dishes, such as rice, tortillas, or a fresh salad.
This is a video about Camarones Zarandeados.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Camarones Zarandeados, Camarones Zarandeados Recipe, Recipe
Serve Camarones Zarandeados with a touch of flair to enhance the dining experience. Here's a simple guide:
- Main Dish Presentation: Arrange the grilled shrimp skewers on a platter, ensuring an appealing visual display. The charred edges and vibrant colors will naturally catch the eye.
- Garnish with Freshness: Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro over the shrimp. This not only adds a burst of color but also enhances the dish with its aromatic freshness.
- Heat Factor (Optional): If you enjoy some heat, consider placing finely chopped serrano chilies on the side or scattering them over the shrimp for those who prefer an extra kick.
- Serving Accompaniments: Camarones Zarandeados pair wonderfully with various side dishes. Offer a bowl of lime wedges for an additional citrusy burst. Serve with rice, warm tortillas, or a crisp green salad to balance the flavors.
- Serving Vessels: Depending on the occasion, serve the shrimp on decorative skewers for a casual setting or transfer them to elegant plates for a more formal presentation.
- Family-Style Sharing: Create a communal dining experience by placing the platter at the center of the table, allowing everyone to help themselves. This enhances the social aspect of the meal.
- Pairing Suggestions: Complement the dish with a refreshing beverage like a citrusy Mexican beer, a light white wine, or even a classic margarita to accentuate the Mexican flavors.
- Quality Shrimp: Choose large, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture. Fresh or frozen shrimp works well; just ensure they are properly cleaned and deveined.
- Marinating Time: Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes. This gives them enough time to absorb the flavors of the marinade, enhancing the overall taste.
- Grilling Temperature: Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. The high temperature helps achieve a nice char on the shrimp while keeping them juicy on the inside.
- Skewering Technique: Thread the shrimp onto skewers evenly to ensure they cook uniformly. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water beforehand to prevent burning.
- Char is Key: Don't be afraid of a little char on the shrimp. The caramelization adds depth of flavor and a delightful smokiness to the dish.
- Fresh Ingredients: Use fresh garlic, cilantro, and lime juice for the marinade. Fresh ingredients contribute significantly to the overall taste of the dish.
- Adjust Spice Level: Tailor the spice level to your liking by adjusting the amount of serrano chilies. Add them gradually, tasting as you go, to achieve your preferred level of heat.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve Camarones Zarandeados with sides like rice, tortillas, or a light salad. The versatility of this dish allows you to customize your meal according to your preferences.
- Garnish Creatively: Get creative with the presentation by garnishing the platter with additional lime wedges, cilantro sprigs, or even a sprinkle of chili flakes for a pop of color.
- Communal Dining: Make it a social affair by serving the shrimp family-style. Placing the platter at the center of the table encourages sharing and a sense of togetherness.
If you find yourself missing a few ingredients for Camarones Zarandeados, here are some substitutes you can consider:
- Olive Oil: Substitute with vegetable oil or canola oil. These options provide a neutral flavor similar to olive oil.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Replace with soy sauce for a savory umami flavor or a combination of soy sauce and a dash of vinegar for a tangy substitute.
- Fresh Garlic: In a pinch, use garlic powder or granulated garlic. Adjust the quantity based on taste preferences.
- Fresh Lime Juice: Lemon juice is a suitable substitute for lime juice. It offers a similar acidity that complements the shrimp.
- Serrano Chilies: Substitute with jalapeños for a milder heat or red pepper flakes for a touch of spice. Adjust the quantity according to your preferred spice level.
- Fresh Cilantro: If cilantro is unavailable, use fresh parsley for a different but still vibrant herbaceous flavor.
- Shrimp: If you don't have shrimp, you can try this recipe with other seafood like scallops or even firm white fish fillets. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Embark on a journey of taste with Camarones Zarandeados. From grill to plate, savor the essence of Mexico in every bite. ¡Buen provecho!