Discover the perfect Pipka Almond Cake recipe – a symphony of almond delight and Bailey's charm. Bake your way to bliss with our easy guide!
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Category: Dessert
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 450 calories
Pipka Almond Cake
Pipka Almond Cake is a delightful dessert that combines the rich, nutty flavor of almond with the subtle sweetness of Bailey's Irish Cream, creating a harmonious and indulgent treat. The recipe begins by blending sugar, a large egg, Pipka’s Pure Almond Extract, whole milk, and a touch of Bailey's Irish Cream. The addition of flour and baking powder forms a smooth batter, which is enriched with melted butter for a luscious texture.
The distinctive Pipka’s Almond Cake Pan is generously buttered and floured, ensuring the cake releases effortlessly. Sliced almonds and optional Turbinado sugar crown the batter, enhancing both texture and visual appeal. Baking at 350°F results in a golden-brown masterpiece with a moist crumb.
Once cooled, the cake is adorned with a generous dusting of powdered sugar, creating a faux-frosting effect. A playful touch is added with the sprinkle of green sugar crystals, imparting a festive charm.
Complementing this almond delight is the Whipped Bailey, a velvety cloud of cream infused with Bailey's Irish Cream. The cold metal mixer bowl and beater, along with chilled whipping cream, guarantee a luscious, stable whip. A dash of powdered sugar and Bailey's Irish Cream completes the dreamy topping.
Serving the Pipka Almond Cake involves slicing it into wedges, placing them on a powdered sugar-dusted plate, and crowning each slice with a generous dollop of Whipped Bailey. This fusion dessert seamlessly marries the classic appeal of almond cake with the luxurious touch of Irish Cream, creating a memorable and indulgent experience for your taste buds.
Indulge in the irresistible fusion of almond bliss and Bailey's magic with our Pipka Almond Cake recipe. Elevate your dessert game today!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp Pipka’s Pure Almond Extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon Bailey's Irish Cream
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, cooled
- Sliced almonds
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Green sugar crystals
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Bailey's Irish Cream
- Beat well: sugar, egg, Pipka’s Pure Almond Extract, whole milk, and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Mix in: flour and baking powder. Slowly add melted butter, cooled.
- Generously butter and flour small cake pans. Pour batter into pans.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds and Turbinado sugar (optional) on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 6-8 minutes. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack.
- After the cakes have cooled, dust them with powdered sugar and sprinkle green sugar crystals over the top.
- Place a metal mixer bowl and the beater in the fridge for at least an hour or more before preparing the whipped cream. Ensure the heavy whipping cream is also very cold.
- Take the bowl and beater out of the fridge and immediately add the cold whipping cream. Beat on slow for a few seconds, then turn the speed to medium for a minute or two.
- When the cream starts to slightly thicken, turn the speed to high. Add powdered sugar and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- To serve, slice each cake into wedges and place on a plate dusted with powdered sugar. Add a dollop of whipped Bailey on top. Enjoy your delicious personalized almond cake!
This is a video about Pipka Almond Cake.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 58 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Pipka Almond Cake, Pipka Almond Cake Recipe, Recipe
Serving Pipka Almond Cake is a delightful experience that enhances the enjoyment of this flavorful dessert. Here's a simple guide to serve it with flair:
- Slice with Care: Use a sharp knife to cut neat slices of the Pipka Almond Cake. The goal is to maintain the integrity of the cake's structure.
- Plate Presentation: Place each slice on a dessert plate. To add an extra touch of elegance, consider using plates with a decorative design or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Powdered Sugar Magic: Just before serving, dust the top of each cake slice with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. This not only adds a touch of sweetness but also enhances the visual appeal.
- Garnish with Green Sugar Crystals: For a festive touch, sprinkle a few green sugar crystals over the powdered sugar. This step adds a pop of color and a hint of whimsy to each serving.
- Whipped Bailey Crown: Generously dollop the Whipped Bailey on top of each cake slice. You can use a spoon or a piping bag for a more decorative finish. The creamy texture of the whipped topping complements the almond cake beautifully.
- Optional Additions: Consider serving the Pipka Almond Cake with a side of fresh berries or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for added indulgence. These extras can enhance the overall dessert experience.
- Pairing Suggestions: To complete the serving, consider pairing the cake with a cup of coffee, tea, or even a glass of Bailey's Irish Cream for those who enjoy an extra kick.
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality almond extract, fresh eggs, and good-quality Bailey's Irish Cream for the best flavor.
- Measuring Accuracy: Ensure precise measuring of ingredients, especially for flour. Too much or too little can affect the texture of the cake.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Allow eggs and dairy ingredients to come to room temperature before incorporating them into the batter. This promotes better mixing and a smoother batter.
- Proper Mixing: Beat the sugar, egg, almond extract, milk, and Bailey's Irish Cream well for a few minutes. This incorporates air, contributing to a lighter texture.
- Gradual Butter Addition: Slowly add the melted, cooled butter while mixing to avoid curdling the batter. This step ensures a velvety texture.
- Pan Preparation: Generously butter and flour the cake pan to prevent sticking. Consider using parchment paper for added insurance.
- Even Batter Distribution: Ensure an even distribution of batter in the pan for uniform baking. Smooth the top with a spatula for a level surface.
- Toppings Placement: Sprinkle sliced almonds and Turbinado sugar evenly on the batter for a balanced texture and taste in each bite.
- Cooling Time: Allow the cake to cool in the pan for the specified time before transferring to a cooling rack. This helps in easy removal and prevents breakage.
- Powdered Sugar Technique: Dust the cake with powdered sugar only after it has completely cooled. This step creates a charming "frosted" appearance.
- Whipped Cream Consistency: Whip the cream until stiff peaks form for a stable topping. Ensure the bowl and beaters are adequately chilled.
- Chill the Whipped Bailey: Keep the Whipped Bailey refrigerated until ready to serve to maintain its texture.
- Serve Fresh: For the best experience, serve the Pipka Almond Cake fresh. The combination of warm cake and cold whipped cream is delightful.
- Get Creative: Feel free to personalize the recipe. Consider adding a drizzle of chocolate sauce or serving with fresh berries for extra flair.
If you need to make substitutions for the Pipka Almond Cake recipe, here are some alternatives you can consider:
- Almond Extract: If you don't have Pipka's Pure Almond Extract, you can use regular almond extract from another brand. Adjust the quantity based on the strength of the extract.
- Bailey's Irish Cream: For a non-alcoholic version, you can replace Bailey's Irish Cream with a non-alcoholic Irish cream-flavored coffee creamer. Alternatively, use a mix of milk and a teaspoon of instant coffee for a hint of coffee flavor.
- Whole Milk: Whole milk can be substituted with 2% or even skim milk if that's what you have on hand. Almond milk can also be used for a dairy-free option.
- Unsalted Butter: If you only have salted butter, you can use it, but adjust the added salt in the recipe accordingly.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is commonly used, but you can experiment with almond flour or a gluten-free flour blend for a different texture.
- Sugar: You can use brown sugar or a sugar substitute like honey or maple syrup for a different flavor profile.
- Egg: If you have dietary restrictions or allergies, consider using an egg substitute like applesauce or mashed banana. Keep in mind that this might alter the texture slightly.
- Whipping Cream: Use a non-dairy whipped topping or coconut cream for a lactose-free or vegan alternative to traditional whipped cream.
Savor each blissful bite of your homemade Pipka Almond Cake. May your kitchen be filled with joy and your taste buds dance with delight! Happy baking!