Discover culinary delight with Adam Ragusea's Brownie Recipe. Dive into fudgy perfection. Elevate your baking with this decadent treat!
- Publisher: Recipe Volt
- Cuisine: American
- Category: Dessert, Brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 16
- Calories: 300 calories
Adam Ragusea Brownie
Adam Ragusea's brownie recipe has gained popularity for its simplicity and the use of distinctive ingredients that elevate the classic brownie experience. One key element is the incorporation of browned butter, which adds a nutty depth to the flavor profile. The process of browning the butter involves heating it until it achieves a golden-brown hue, creating a rich and aromatic base for the brownies.
In addition to the browned butter, Adam's recipe features sweetened condensed milk, imparting a luscious sweetness and contributing to the dense, fudgy texture of the brownies. The combination of these two ingredients results in a treat that strikes a delightful balance between gooey and chewy, with a nuanced taste that goes beyond the typical chocolatey richness.
The preparation is user-friendly, allowing even those with minimal baking experience to enjoy the satisfaction of creating a decadent dessert. The recipe's success lies in the careful blending of ingredients, from the incorporation of eggs and vanilla to the gradual addition of dry components like flour and cocoa powder.
The result is a batch of brownies that are not only visually appealing but also boast a complex flavor profile, making them a standout indulgence for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Dive into a world of decadence with Adam Ragusea's Brownie Bliss! Unveil the secrets of luscious brownies, elevating your baking game. Indulge now!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking until the butter turns golden brown, giving it a nutty aroma. Be cautious not to burn it.
- Remove the browned butter from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract into the browned butter until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Drizzle about 3/4 of the sweetened condensed milk over the batter.
- Add the remaining batter on top and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Drizzle the rest of the sweetened condensed milk on the surface.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before cutting into squares.
This is a video about Adam Ragusea Brownie.
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 56 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Adam Ragusea Brownie, Adam Ragusea Brownie Recipe, Recipe
Serving Adam Ragusea's brownies is a delightful experience, and you have various options to enhance the enjoyment of this delectable treat. Here's how you can serve them:
- Plain and Simple: Enjoy the brownies as they are for a pure, unadulterated chocolatey experience. Cut them into squares or rectangles and serve on a platter.
- A La Mode: Warm a brownie slice slightly and serve it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. The warm-cold combination creates a delightful contrast, with the melting ice cream complementing the dense fudginess of the brownie.
- Drizzle or Dust: Elevate the presentation by drizzling chocolate ganache or caramel sauce over the brownies. Alternatively, dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa for an added touch of elegance.
- Fruit Pairing: Fresh berries or sliced strawberries make a refreshing accompaniment. The slight tartness of the fruit can balance the sweetness of the brownies.
- Whipped Cream: Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The light and airy texture of whipped cream contrasts beautifully with the dense texture of the brownies.
- Coffee or Tea: Pair the brownies with a cup of coffee or tea. The rich, bold flavors of coffee or the comforting warmth of tea can enhance the overall experience.
- Browning Butter: Pay close attention when browning the butter. It should have a golden-brown color with a nutty aroma. Be cautious not to burn it, as this can affect the taste of the brownies.
- Quality Ingredients: Use high-quality cocoa powder and pure vanilla extract for the best flavor. The quality of these ingredients significantly impacts the overall taste of the brownies.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: When drizzling the sweetened condensed milk, consider creating a decorative pattern or swirls on the surface of the brownie batter. This not only adds visual appeal but also ensures even distribution of sweetness.
- Proper Mixing: Avoid overmixing the batter once you add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined to maintain the desired fudgy texture. Overmixing can lead to a denser, less tender brownie.
- Pan Preparation: Grease the baking pan well or line it with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking. This makes for easier removal and cleaner cuts.
- Even Layering: When layering the batter and sweetened condensed milk, aim for even distribution. This ensures a consistent flavor throughout the brownies.
- Checking Doneness: Use the toothpick test to check for doneness. Insert a toothpick into the center, and it should come out with a few moist crumbs but not wet batter. This indicates perfectly baked, fudgy brownies.
- Cooling Time: Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting. This helps them set and facilitates cleaner cuts.
- Customization: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding nuts, chocolate chips, or other mix-ins for added texture and flavor.
- Storage: Store leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or refrigerate for longer shelf life. Warm them slightly before serving for that freshly baked taste.
If you find yourself missing an ingredient or want to experiment with substitutions in Adam Ragusea's Condensed Milk and Browned Butter Brownie recipe, here are some alternatives:
- Browned Butter Substitute: Regular melted butter. Note: While you won't get the nutty flavor of browned butter, using melted butter still provides moisture and richness.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Substitute: Dulce de leche, caramel sauce, or a mixture of evaporated milk with sugar. Note: These substitutes offer sweetness and a similar creamy texture.
- Cocoa Powder Substitute: Unsweetened chocolate or a combination of melted chocolate and less cocoa powder.
- Note: Adjust the quantity to maintain the desired chocolate intensity.
- Granulated Sugar Substitute: Brown sugar or a sugar substitute suitable for baking. Note: Brown sugar adds a hint of molasses flavor and moisture.
- All-Purpose Flour Substitute: A 1:1 gluten-free flour blend for a gluten-free option. Note: Ensure the gluten-free flour contains xanthan gum or add it separately to maintain structure.
- Eggs Substitute: Unsweetened applesauce, mashed bananas, or yogurt. Note: Each substitute may impart a slightly different texture; choose based on dietary preferences or restrictions.
- Vanilla Extract Substitute: Almond extract or other flavored extracts. Note: Experiment with different extracts to add a unique twist to the brownies.
Savor the rich journey of baking Adam Ragusea's Brownies. Your taste buds deserve this sweet symphony. Bake, indulge, and share the blissful joy!